Vespasian Security Ltd. holds SIA approved Contractor Status for the provision of Door Supervision and Security Guarding services.
Posted on 3rd April 2018
Do you want to experience the best the British Summer has to offer and be PAID to work as a Crowd Safety Steward at some of the UK’s most high profile live events and festivals? Why volunteer for free with other organisations when you can be part of an awesome team, work side by side with some of the world’s best performing acts and take home a rewarding wage packet at the end.
Join the Vespasian Crowd Stewarding Team and be paid to become part of an unforgettable summer of live events.
We are looking for friendly, energetic individuals of all ages and from all walks of life who want to break out of their day-today and be part of something great.
What will you get when you join the Vespasian team:
• A uniform pack including – jacket (your choice of softshell or all-weather), polo shirts, COVID PPE masks, licence armband, security officer notebook, company pin badge, high-visibility vest
• Paid holiday hours
• Monthly pay on a PAYE basis
• Company pension
• Free access to online Counter Terrorism training
• Access to heavily discounted training via our sister company, Broadside Training.
What is a Crowd Safety Steward?
A Crowd Safety Steward is a friendly face, a well briefed person, a reassuring presence, a helping hand, a point of contact, a person with confidence, a calm head and a professional. As part of the Crowd Stewarding Team you will work alongside SIA Licensed Door Supervisors in areas such as front of stage, backstage VIP, information points, queue management, big-top venues to name but a few.
Who are Vespasian Security and what do they do?
Vespasian Security are a family owned, multi award nominated business, where we pride ourselves on our excellent track record of caring for our staff, clients and the communities in which we operate. Established in 2006 our professional and well trained team members have welcomed millions of customers and secured hundreds of live events the UK and abroad.
Vespasian Security are based in Portsmouth with a strong northern regional team operating out of Manchester.
If you want to be part of a great team, within a company that genuinely cares for their team members, as well as having the opportunity to work at exciting high profile events, this is the opportunity for you.
The following events are contracts where Vespasian Security deliver the service direct to the event and NOT as a sub-contractor
Victorious Festival – Hampshire – 24th to 26th
16 x Oktoberfests across the UK over four weekends
In addition to the events listed above are several large projects that are yet to confirm their requirement. As a result Vespasian’s events list is only set to grow.
We believe that every great Crowd Safety Steward is always developing their skills by learning from their colleagues, from incidents and from feedback from the community and clients.
Crowd Safety Stewards perform a complex role with duties including but not limited to:
• Being the welcoming face of an event working as part of gate queue management teams
• Liaising with emergency services
• Monitoring crowded areas for safety
• Deployments to VIP and backstage areas
• Managing large volume bar queue systems
• Being an integral part of the emergency evacuation plan
• Working closely with clients
What do you need, to be the best candidate?
A great Crowd Safety Steward should be:
• Outgoing or be a person who wants to build their confidence
• Appropriately equipped for camping for short periods on site at events
• Be able to arrange travel to event sites if the team member is located remotely from the Vespasian offices in Portsmouth and Manchester (Transport is available from both location to events)
• Friendly when dealing with large number of customers during long shifts
• Be able to remain calm under pressure
• Have determination and stamina to complete often long shift deployments – Early starts and late finishes
• Smartly presented and have options on a range of appropriate clothing for outdoor work and varying weather conditions – Remember ‘Look sharp, stay sharp’
You may be asking yourself: I thought I had to have a license to work in this role?
The simple answer is: You don’t. As a Crowd Safety Steward your role is not to challenge disorder, regulate entry or detain people. Your role is to be the friendly and informative person helping customers find their way around an event. You will be supported at all times by SIA Licensed team members.
The Vespasian Security Portsmouth and Manchester teams are growing continually with opportunities for the right candidates opening constantly. Not only operating within the live event crowd management sector, Vespasian Security have multiple Crowd Safety Stewards who have gone onto qualify in the security sector or move into event management positions.
Within the security industry Vespasian Security deploy team members to duties in sectors such as licensed venue, night time economy, retail, facilities management and concierge services.
Additional roles such as Radio Control Room Operatives, CCTV Operators, Security Guarding and Supervisory positions within these sectors would be available to the right candidates who have gone onto gain their SIA licences.
• Team member discount at Internationally renowned patrol equipment supplier
• Above average level insurance cover totally £10m
• New technologies introduced regularly inc body cameras, staff App and metal detectors
• Team member social events (Internationally motorcycle tours, charter fishing trips, social nights etc)
• Company pension scheme (NEST) in operation
Vespasian as an employer
Vespasian Security has a very diverse work force and we champion this as one of our greatest strengths. This is just part of our commitment to being an equal opportunities employer. We pride ourselves on our team members being drawn from every part of the communities within which we work.
Crowd Safety Steward
£8.95ph paid on a PAYE basis
Vespasian operate a company pension scheme through the government backed NEST Pension
How to apply: Contact our team
Call: 02392 295 503
Online recruitment form: Click SIGN UP on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/VespasianSec/
Request a PDF form: Fill out our contact form on our website http://vespasiansecurity.co.uk/
See you in the field folks!!Apply Now
We have never worked with a contractor from ANY area of the festival who is so dedicated to providing a first class service.
Glad to see some friendly faces. When security greet you with a smile and a friendly hello, it’s hard not to give back and treat them with respect. Starting exchanges on the right foot makes a difference. Glad to see a security team that give the impression that they’re on ‘our’ side.
Vespasian has been with us from the start and we work well together as a team. We meet regularly to discuss service provision and they are flexible enough to meet our changing needs. Their expertise and experience of the industry have been invaluable to us and to the success of our venue.
Little Johnny Russells